Friday, June 3, 2011

Battle for the Tongue

Husband just gets home from work: “Honey, I’ve had a long day. I’m going to go in the bedroom for about 10min of quiet. That ok?”

How a mom responds: “Ok? YOU’VE had a long day and YOU want quiet?!? I’VE had a long, LOUD day. Why don’t you stay out here with the kids and I’ll go get some quiet time. At least the kids are happy to see you and will behave unlike they are doing with me. They have just tuned me out at this point in the day and when I walk in the room, they cringe for fear of getting in trouble for jumping on the couch. So you are tired and need quiet? I am tired and need quiet. You’ve talked with adults all day. I’ve answered the same question all day…’why?’ I’m going to the bedroom.”

How a wife responds: “Sure. Dinner is almost ready. I’ll just come and get you when it is on the table. I’ll try and keep the kids quiet. Enjoy your silence.”

That is why we are wives first and moms next.

God
Spouse
Family

God was smart when He set up that order. =)


My husband and I were laughing later at the mom that was screaming at him from inside my head. I’m thankful that the wife won the battle for my tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment