Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Get back up on that horse!

Remember doing analogies?
Cucumber :: Green
Apple :: ?
The answer is red. The cucumber is the color green and it is asking the color of an apple.

I’ve written this post in my head several times today and all I kept thinking was:
Falling off a horse :: not faithfully posting every Friday
Getting back on said horse :: keep writing anyway

I didn’t get back on the horse. I’m climbing back on now.

I have learned that if I don’t do anything, then I will not fail. I can make a great plan, but if I don’t accomplish that plan then I have failed and if I don’t make a plan then I don’t have an opportunity to fail. Brilliant and retarded thinking all in one.

Why does it matter? I have to ask myself, why am I writing this blog? It isn’t for my 2 readers (of whom may or may not include my husband and my mother). It isn’t for me to become famous (insert something funny here cause I got nothing).

I’m writing because it is an exercise in diligence, persistence and obedience.

I fell off the horse. I didn’t post every Friday like I wanted. Who cares. Oh well. What’s done is done and it is time to move on.

I’m reading more books (and I actually finished a book!). I’m spending more time on the floor with my boys. I’ve devised plan “L” to help keep my house clean (went through all of the other letters of the alphabet in previous failed plans).

I’m not a failure at life (oh the drama that goes on in my head). I just haven’t blogged in awhile.

Perfection isn’t the goal. I’m so thankful that God doesn’t demand us to be perfect for Him to use us. He takes us where we are. The process is continual. I like that.

I’m climbing back on the horse. I’ll try and post Friday, but if that doesn’t happen, I’ll do my best to try again the next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment